Bridge Builders Foundation Scholarship
Since 1982, the Bridge Builders Foundation (formerly Zeta Rho Foundation), in partnership with the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., has awarded financial scholarships to college bound, African American male high school seniors. The Annual Salute and Scholarship Banquet is held each June to provide a platform to award academic scholarships and to recognize members of the community for their contributions to mankind on the local, national or international levels.
Applicants must be a black male high school senior, who will graduate by June of this academic year, and has qualified for college enrollment beginning September of the academic year immediately after graduation.
Applicants must have a High School GPA of 3.0 or above (and maintain a 2.75 GPA for recurring scholarships).
Applicants must enroll in an accredited 4 year college or university beginning September of the academic year immediately after graduation from high school.
Applicants must have been involved in community service.
Applicants must have demonstrated leadership abilities within their school or communities.
Applications must be postmarked by March 15. Early applications are accepted and encouraged.
THE BRIDGE BUILDERS FOUNDATION
An Approved Public Service Charity (#33-0846590) www.BridgeBuildersLA.org.
P.O. Box 43158; Los Angeles, CA 90043
Attention: Scholarship Committee
How to Apply:
1. Fully Complete the Scholarship Application Information Form (reverse side), and attach a signed letter from the school’s college advisor or counselor. The letter should be on the school’s letterhead, and include the student’s GPA, class rank, and SAT/ACT information.
2. A type written composition - double spaced, no less than10pt font, not to exceed 3 pages that includes the following:
a.) Explanation of what effect or importance a college education will have on the applicant’s future.
b.) Summary of Applicants leadership roles and community service. c.) An explanation of financial need, including parents occupation.
d.) PLEASE, also include the highest level of education your parents have attained.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation. One from a faculty member, and one from a community member. Letters from immediate family members will not be accepted.
4. An official transcript including the most recent semester, and SAT/ACT test dates and scores.
5. A recent photograph, minimum 3x5, Headshot (Full Color) NO STUDIO PROOFS PLEASE.
Postmarked no later than March 15, 2019
Forms To Complete:
For More Information:
Visit the foundation website www.bridgebuildersla.org., or call at (323) 873-6778